Friday, May 24, 2013

IDEA # 13 Plant a garden

If all you can do is grow a few flowers or herbs in a pot near your window, DO IT.  This photo here was my basil plant I had growing in the corner of my kitchen years ago. Well, till I accidently killed it. haha Whether or not you have a natural "green thumb" or not , step up to the challenge and grow something yourself. For those of you like me who can't even keep even a cactus alive ( my 'green thumb"  admittedly is more like "gangrene thumb" )  start with something easy - Mint is a good choice for beginners because it doesn't require a lot of direct sunlight ( it grows best in shade) and for those of you who are notorious for over watering, it actually thrives in damp soil.  And the extra bonus is that if ya kill it, well,, you salvage a few leaves and make yourself a tasty Mojito ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment