Thursday, January 17, 2013

"A Day In the Life of a Blogger" or , "It's 10 a.m. and I'm Still In My Jammies . ."

Alright, truthfully it's actually only 8:09 a.m. as I type this  but I AM still in my jammies, haha ;)

 I'm laying here on the carpet in front of my fireplace in my living room,  laptop in front of me and a steaming cup of coffee next to it (not TOO close to it though - learned that lesson already!)

For someone like me who has spent years working in an office, the closest I've ever come to living the seemingly glamourous "carefree" lifestyle uf all those free-spirited, creative genius bloggers out there was at best a coveted daydream.   They always seemed to live such interesting lives, and usually seemingly spur-of-the-moment - or at the very least, made all the little spontaneous adventures of their day SEEM more interesting than data entry for 8 long hours. ( not hard, I know!)

I am a notorious Planner, and being the Compulsive List-Maker, I shamefully admit that my idea of a spontaneous adventure means hitting 7-Eleven just after midnight for a slurpee on aThursday night.(no judging!)

All quirks aside,  I thought that since I have been temporarily awarded a limited time off from my regular office job (in the form of a temporary layoff haha) that I would use one of the days to try out the so-called "blogger lifestyle" so I will take all your readers along with me on this alleged adventure,

So! 


The other day after a hot shower to warm me up, and my 47th cup of coffee at my side in my beloved Starbucks travel mug, I headed out the door .... into a  blizzard winter wonderland.,








I admit if: I'm a huge fan of monochromatic black & white images: photos, paintings, movies etc. BUT I almost NEVER edit "foodie" photos in black and white. Food is just too beautiful in all its glorious rich color and texture.
Yes, that cupcake was dessert.
 #don'tjudgeme

It was a lovely day.
Sweet [day]dreams everyone!

Off to clean out and finally organize the kitchen cabinets and possibly find one last cupcake (hey, just being honest)
-J


1 comment:

  1. Jealous - REAL fireplace, unlike mine which is non functional other than being a great place to hide stuff. I wonder if I put a photo of it in the glass if I'd still feel warm. I think so.

    I'm a list maker, but sometimes I then ignore them. haha. Does this make sense?

    I think it would be good to prep a week's post. We must have a blog prep day whaddyathink?

    Love all the photos, they really do say more than words sometimes.

    Have a happy week till we meet and mentor again!

    ♥ Barb

    ReplyDelete