Monday, July 9, 2012

Look Ma, No hands!

My first REAL climbing experience ( real= no indoor climbing wall with mats below, haha) came this weekend. Here I am in my friends' harness, perched precariously on the side of the bluff, giving the thumbs up sign,  haha.
 
 I was surprised by how easily I became fascinated by the challenge of  it. It's all about pushing yourself beyond your mental limitations and proving to yourself just how much you can accomplish. On a personal level, I don't think there is anything more rewarding. Challenging myself is what I'm all about!

One of my friends took these couple photos of me climbing, while the other belayed me from the ground.  I can honestly say that as far as Trust Building Moments go, there's no greater exercise in trust than having to lean back over a 36-meter cliff and trust your friend to lower you safely to the ground. Seriously, as far as seeing trust in action, this is a HUM-DINGER! hahaha!

I wished I had a longer zoom lens with me, it would have made for some incredible shots. unfortunately not though. 

So that wraps up our weekend climbing adventure.
I hope you all were able to get out and enjoy from fresh air at some point over your weekend. If not, make yourself a promise that you'll get out next weekend, and keep your promise. Your health with thank you for it!

Thumbs up from way up there,
-J

1 comment:

  1. I bet you'll be "scampering" up that cliff face before long, probably like a little chipmunk. Haha I bet you'll be like a lil iguana, seems to me you're the build for climbing.

    Thanks for sharing, I think climbing is fascinating. My Mr and I took a whack of photos last summer when we saw some people climbing.

    Hope you're having a terrific week.

    ♥ Barb

    ReplyDelete