Sunday, June 17, 2012

Top 5 Weekend Favorites

How was your weekend?  Was is hot and sunny?  Or did you wake up to find a blizzard outside your window?  Or was it just Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs?  hahaha  (my kids liked that movie)
Being where I live, I got a combination of weather, It was pouring buckets when I woke up this morning, and overcast as we headed out for the day.
BUT
this was the sight that greeted me earlier in the evening as I headed for long overdue visit to my wonderful, dearly missed, never-get-enough-time-with-her friend Barb's house ( I have blogged about her several times in the past, at least) you can visit her too, at lalalime.blogspot.com


Favorite #1 - sunshine-lit orchards and vineyards - right at my doorstep

I pulled over, super excited that I ACTUALLY had my ACTUAL full SLR camera ACTUALLY with me for an unexpected photo op of nature.
So I pulled it out, pressed the shutter and .....  nothing happened.
No memory card! 
No problem, because unbelieveably I just so happened to have my smaller kodak camera on hand also. (almost never happens that I have both at the same time)  I hastily grabbed the memory card from that one, popped it into my camera and . . . . . .   nothing happened.

{That awkward feeling when you realize the battery is dead}

DOH!   I know, I know, rookie mistake! 

So this pics was taken with the only other camera I had with a working battery, my Kodak Play-ful waterproof camera.  Which is my new favorite back-up camera!

Favorite #2 - Kodak Play-ful waterproof camera



I brought this baby along with me to Mexico and it held it's own in some pretty big waves! haha



Favoite #3 - cute rocker-girl guitar picks


I've been goofing around on my guitar for years with only a handful of lessons under my belt ( I prefer to teach myself) and I couldn't resist taking a pic of the funky picks that caught my eye in the music store today!

Favorite #4 -Mango-Pineapple fruit smoothies from McDonald's

Totally addicted.     Seriously.

My Starbucks frappaccino days are in danger of extinction!


Favorite #5 - Smiley-face balloons! ( a whole laz-e-boy full of 'em!)


Honestly, just because =)

I hope you all had a great weekend, and I hope you had a chance to enjoy one or two of your favorite things. Or maybe you had an opportunity to discover a new favorite thing!  
-J 







1 comment:

  1. Hi Janice,

    It was a blessing to have you visit ME, and wow, I've never seen THAT exact scenario at the top of the hill before, I'll have to try to trap it one day if it recreates.

    I love how CUTE you are. You're always enjoying the little things in life and coming up with fun ideas. We thinkin' the same!

    Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete