Thursday, May 31, 2012

Rise and Shine!


Who wouldn't want to wake up to a view like this every morning? For a not-such-a-morning-person like me (haha) it would definitely encourage me to roll out of bed sooner and get out to enjoy the beauty of a fresh new day.

I admired this from the 3rd story window of the bedroom of my hotel suite on the last morning of my vacation in Cancun, Mexico.  I figured I should grab my camera while the sun was still twinkling on the horizon. I was thankful I did, because I think the photos came out brilliantly.

So whether you wake up bright-eyed and bushy-tailed in the morning, or if you're like me and you stumble around with your eyes half-closed until you have some coffee in your guts,  here's a sunrise to get your day started.  Let it remind you that life is too short to let these fleeting moments of beauty slip by unnoticed. Stop for a second and be genuinely thankful that the sun rose on a new day, and then make it count!

And just to make you smile:
QUOTE OF THE DAY: "If you want to see bright-eyed and bushy-tailed in the morning, go find a squirrel!"

Sunrises and squirrels,
-J

1 comment:

  1. Whew, finally made it over to visit you!

    Congrats on your wedding and honeymoon, what a breathtaking sight - I never get over a beautiful sunrise or sunset.

    Catch up with you soon.

    Love,
    Barns

    ReplyDelete