Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Updates & Adventures

Long time, no post! 
Once again, I've gotten waaaay behind in my project posts,  Ahhhh! I actually had someone ask me the other day if I still lived in town, hahaha.   I guess that's what happens when you live a life of "adventure and intrigue", haha!   People don"t run into you at the grocery store for a few weeks and start thinking you've moved outta town!
I've had a few months oflittle  "adventures" lately,  to all of which I brought along my camera, and to none of which I brought along my laptop. And when I got home I had some temporary internets difficulties, (frustrating!).  But I'm back, and ready to share some of my adventures with you!
Now where were we? Ahhh yes,  I have already showed you my trip to Fernie for the hockey tournament. 
After that was my trip to lovely Seattle!  Take a look... 
Rusty's Drive In is where I stopped along the way for a dinner break. They had the yummiest old fashioned burgers and milkshakes!


 
Pike Place Market  was so much fun,  it had everything there!  Including of course.....


the very first, original Starbucks Coffee.  I stood in a lineup that went all the way out the door and down the street.  The lineup began before the shop had even opened that morning and was just as long when I passed by in late afternoon. Busy place! 

I had fantastic weather the whole time, with just a little bit of drizzle on Easter monday morning, as I walked to the Cheesecake Factory. (oh my word, I thought I'd died and gone to cheesecake heaven!) 
Here's a few more pics showcasing my Seattle adventure....
I got caught in trafffic on the interstatefor over 3 hours on my way that friday.... this guy (pictured above) got so bored he was skatebaording up and  down the middle of the highway. 


An alley close to Pke Place market. So many restaurants and bistros in the alleys, and they all smelled so good...


This hotel was built in 1904! It has been refurbished but is still the original bulding. I loved it's interior, with the eclectic mix of old fashioned charm with modern artsy twists.   I forgot to get a photo of the bathroom with its pedestal sink and big claw-foot bathtub. Next time!
I spotted this chair in a storefront window. Wouldnt this make an interesting conversation peice in someone's living room? (Just not mine)

the Seattle Glass Blowing studio and gallery had a class going on , and they let me watch!

pretty, flower lined sidewalks

a tower of instruments

Seattle's first jail. which is now under the sidewalks of today's city.

sunset from the top of the Space Needle


Thus concludes my Seattle adventure until next time. I can't wait to go there again!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete