Saturday, November 13, 2010

View From the Top...


... from a lookout point at the lovely Tinhorn Creek Winery. I was there for a Bedouin Soundclash concert not too long ago (they rocked, by the way!) I would post the video I took of them, but the camcorder on my cellphone is REALLY crappy so I'm afraid you'll just have to take my word for it! This pic was taken with my phone on a hike in Tinhorn's 'Golden Mile' trail WARNING: the trail name is deceiving! It's actually almost 10 km from start to finish! GAH! But the scariest part was that when we got to the trail, there were warning signs EVERYWHERE about bear sightings in the area.
*gulp*
Ummm, ya I was scared the whole time, hahaha, even though my friend assured me that she had pepper spray. I wasn't about to get close enough to a bear to use that stuff! Thankfully we made it through our hike without ever seeing one.We did see some incredible views, hence the pic I had to catch on my phone. It was probably a good thing I didn't have a heavy camera hanging around my neck, just in case I had to make a break for it! hee hee

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh! What a lovely new blog you have here Miss Janice. Welcome to the wonderful blogesphere, I will add a link in my sidebar (remind me if you do not see it in a day or two)

    Did you trek the entire 10 km? Lovely view from up there, thanks for sharing.

    Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete